Ingredients for Idli :
To Make Idly Batter :
1. Wash rice and soak overnight.
2. Wash Urad dal and soak it with fenugreek seeds overnight in sufficient water
3. Next morning, grind urd dal and rice separately to a smooth paste and to a thick consistency batter (while grinding rice, add cooked rice and grind together. Keep them in a bowl.
4. Now, add rava to this batter and keep it in a warm place for 7-8 hours for fermenting.
To Cook Idlis :
1. Take an idli mould (Idly Holder) and grease it with little oil.
2. Add salt to the batter and fill the mould up to its 3/4th with fermented batter.
3. Steam cook Idlis on medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until it gets cooked properly from inside.
4. Remove them from the mould.
5. Soft Idlis are ready to serve with Sambar and Chutney.