30 medium sized prawns
A) Sliced onion – 6 small ones, ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp, green chilly – 1 sliced, coriander leaves – sliced (1 tbsp), curry leaves
Besan flour ( kadala maavu) – 2.5 tbsp, Rice flour – 1.5 tbsp, Corn flour – 2 tsp,
Chilly powder – 1 tsp, turmeric – 1 pinch, pepper powder- a very small pinch
C) lemon juice – 1-2 tbsp, salt to taste, water to mix the ingredients, oil for frying.
1. Mix onion ginger garlic, chilly, coriander leaves and sliced curry leaves, mix thoroughly with your hands after adding little salt.
2. Now add all dry ingredients listed in B.
3. Add the cleaned prawns to this mixture – squeeze in the lemon juice
4. Add water little by little – this is for the mixture is well coated on the prawns. (Drizzle with your palm to make sure that water is not added in excess).
5. Leave this for marination for 20-25 minutes.
6. Once done, fry these in hot oil – I added one by one, so that the flour won’t stick with each other. Fry both sides, once done these will turn brown in colour. Cook in medium flame is ideal so that the prawns get cooked well.
7. It may take 10-12 minutes altogether depending on the size of the prawns.
8. Once done, remove from oil & drain oil with paper towels.
Serve hot with sauce. Enjoy a spicy afternoon tea!
Prawns Pakora Ready 🙂