1) Raw Chickpeas ( Kadala/chana) – 1 cup
2) Garlic clove – 1 no.
3) Tahina paste – 3-4 table spoon( make sure you buy a good quality Tahina)
4) Olive oil – 2-3 table spoon
5) Salt – to taste
6) Fresh pepper powder – ½ teaspoon
7) Red chilly powder – 1- 2 pinch
Cumin seeds powder – 1 pinch only( optional)
9) Lime juice – from 1 lime
10) Parsley leaves or coriander leaves – chopped for garnishing
11) Water – for smoothening the paste
Soak the chickpeas in water overnight. Pressure cook the chickpeas with sufficient water until it soft & done. And keep aside to pressure off.
Take a blender add cooked chickpeas, 3-4 table spoon of tahina, salt, lime juice, pepper powder, cumin powder, red chilly powder, chopped garlic and olive oil with little water and grind it well until it become a smooth paste. If the paste is too thick add more water and also add salt or tahina if necessary
Garnish the hummus with chopped parsley leaves and olive oil.